Training for Professional Therapists in
Emotionally Focused Therapy
What is Emotionally Focused Therapy?
Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), is a form of therapy that strives to help individuals identify the underlying emotions that guide their relationships. The EFT approach was first developed by Susan Johnson and Les Greenberg in the 1980s, and it continues to become one of the most popular and effective ways to improve relationships.
The Center offers EFT supervision and training to therapy professionals in-person and online led by Clinical Director, Supervisor and Trainer, George Faller.
Monday – Thursday
October 17-20, 2022
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Trinity Church, 5 River Road, Cos Cob CT 06807
During this 4-day externship, participants will learn the EFT model of therapy through a combination of lectures, videos, observations of live interviews, and role play exercises.
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- Identify the basic stages and steps of EFT
- Understand marital distress from an attachment perspective
- Help couples recognize and deescalate problematic patterns of interaction
- Help couples understand the underlying attachment needs that drive these negative patterns
- Help couples create and restore the emotional bond between them
- Help couples repair attachment injuries, fostering healing within and between the couple
REGISTRATION FEE: $1,095
EFT CORE SKILLS
2022/2023 SESSION DATES
Note: All dates are Mondays and Tuesdays.
• December 13, 14
• January 9, 10
• February 6, 7
• March 6, 7
9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Core Skills training takes place over four, two day sessions. This in-depth learning experience will teach therapists the essential skills needed to practice EFT.
REGISTRATION FEE: $1800
If you are interested in registering, contact us to be put on the list to be notified when registration opens.
Also note: Core Skills limits the number of participants. Please register early.